Before you hire a general contractor for repairs, improvements or a custom built home, it is very important that you know who you are doing business with. Often times its mind boggling as there are so many contractors to choose from. Before you hire a contractor, read these helpful tips on hiring the best contractor in your area.
1. Find out how long a contractor has been in business and make sure the company that they represent is an established and reputable company.
2. Make sure the contractor is licensed to work in the State in which you live. You can find this out through your local building department or go to the State of Florida website.
3. Ask the building contractor for a list of completed projects. Do you like their work?
4. Make sure and know the person in charge of your project.
5. Insurance and how much personal liability, property damage and workmans comp do they carry. Request insurance certificates and confirm that the builder is currently insured.
6. Read reviews and references before deciding to hire a contractor/home builder. This will give you an idea of work ethics and the final results.
7. Last but not least get everything in writing and take a copy of the agreement for future reference.
This should help you find the perfect contractor/home builder. At Tanen Homes we have been building custom built luxury homes since the 50’s. For more information contact Tanen Homes we handle custom home building, rennovations and remodeling for luxury real estate..